The anti-science authoritarians forcing children to wear face masks are worse than idiots. They’re doing real harm, and as a new study has revealed, the harm they’re doing to children may be worse than most Americans realize.
Dr. Joseph Mercola details the findings of this study below, but I wanted to insert an observation about the motives behind face mask mandates. We and others have often explained that this is not about healthcare. It’s about control. It’s bad enough to make adults grow accustomed to something new, but it’s far worse for children in their developmental stages. They aren’t learning a “new normal.” Considering that many of them have been wearing masks in public for 10% or more of their lives, it will be much more difficult to reverse the indoctrination that this has caused. They have learned to fear those who aren’t wearing face masks and fear for themselves when they are “exposed.”
The science is absolutely clear. The only thing that’s unclear is the anti-scientific narrative that has permeated American society and created a condition of subservience to a government that is supposed to be working for us. We’re developing children who are made unhealthy by lockdowns, face masks, and the absence of necessary activities.
What makes all of this worse is that this is not being done out of ignorance. It is intentional, and that should make every parent, grandparent, and conscientious American citizen raving mad at the “authorities” who are subverting common sense for the sake of a nefarious agenda. Now, let’s turn to Dr. Mercola…
More Bad News for Masks
- Researchers analyzed the CO2 content of inhaled air among children wearing two types of masks, as well as wearing no mask
- CO2 in inhaled air under surgical and filtering facepiece masks came in between 13,120 ppm and 13,910 ppm; the German Federal Environmental Office set a limit of CO2 for closed rooms of 2,000 ppm
- Younger children appeared to have the highest CO2 values; a level of 25,000 ppm was measured from a 7-year-old wearing a facemask
- The researchers believe the use of facemasks could lead to “impairments attributable to hypercapnia,” which is a buildup of CO2 in the blood
- Children wearing facemasks at school have reported symptoms such as shortness of breath, dizziness, headaches, irritability, fatigue and difficulty concentrating
Mandating children to wear facemasks for long periods of time while at school and participating in other activities is an unprecedented move, one that was put into place despite no research showing the practice is safe. It’s not simply a case of “something is better than nothing,” because the act of mask wearing comes with a risk of adverse effects.
Now that the pandemic is more than a year behind us, evidence is starting to accumulate showing that the use of face masks in children may cause more harm than good. One of the latest studies noted that the evidence base for making face masks compulsory in schoolchildren is “weak,” and looked into their effects on carbon dioxide in inhaled air.1
Masks Increase Carbon Dioxide Inhalation
Your body produces carbon dioxide (CO2) as a byproduct of cellular function.2 This odorless, colorless gas is then transported via your blood to your lungs, where it is exhaled from your body. Normally, the CO2 then dissipates into the air around you before you take another breath. In the open air, carbon dioxide typically exists at about 400 parts per million (ppm), or 0.04% by volume.